Magaldi Technologies, a subsidiary of Magaldi Power S.p.a., has a fantastic opportunity for VP of Sales and Engineering (Foundry Division), focusing on metal and related industries with a focus on foundries.
In this role, the individual's focus will be to provide:
- The interface to customers on on-going projects by attending and leading scheduled project meetings, kick-offs, etc.
- Application support and technical solutions on material and metal handling challenges for current customer relationships
- Provide new customers with engineering advice and technical solutions on sand system design, handling materials, metal handling, stamping, machinery, installation, etc.
To be successful, candidates should have a good understanding of all areas of engineering, especially material handling, in order to analyze the current customer situation and work with the engineering Magaldi team.
This role is suitable for people who enjoy project management, problem solving, consultative selling, are organized and enjoy finding and meeting new customers.
Experience: 15+ years engineering/manufacturing + relevant sales experience in the metals markets (Foundry preferred)
Degree Required: Mechanical Engineering or similar preferred
CAD: Capabilities strong knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD drawing programs (Autocad & Inventor specifically), skills in sizing calculation and FEM analysis are a plus;
Travel: Approximately 50% -70%
Location: Preferred Alpharetta, Georgia (Office environment) and customers are throughout North America.
Ø Potential opportunity to work from home office depending upon location and experience.
Language Requirements: English. Spanish and/or Italian is considered a plus.
- Project Management – Help on local project management and engineering order execution responsibilities as needed in order to support the global project management and engineering team in Italy.
- Interface Support – This person will be one of the main conduits between the customer and the Italian project management and engineering team.
- Project Review and Concept - work with new and potential customers to help develop and assess their needs equipment, or new systems.
- New Customer Development – Prospect new customers and introduce them to the company and its products.
- Build Relationships with new and existing Clients - attend meetings with customers and support firms to create a good rapport with them to fully understand their requirements and provide accurate solutions, as well as to provide them with progress update Prepare Documentation.
- Prepare Documentation - Engineering consultants are responsible for creating documents and reports that detail their assessments, any fact-finding survey data they’ve acquired, the project’s inception, and concept planning along the way.
- Pipeline Management – Fill and manage projects through the opportunity pipeline in order to make and exceed established budgets.
- Budgeting –Responsible to help develop sales targets and provide regular forecasts.
- Industry Representation – Represent the company and industry meetings, trade shows and other functions, committees, etc. as needed.
- Marketing – Help develop content, support to marketing team requests, identify new products needs and help develop regular competitive analysis within the market.
- Engineering - Upon new product justification, spearhead new product development and engineering.
- Communication skills – engineering consultants work with various people within projects, which includes attending meetings to discuss progress, provide ideas, and identify processes that need to be improved. Strong communication skills are a must to fulfill these duties
- Organization skills – engineering consultants work to strict deadlines and often on several projects at a time. Incredible organization ensures that every task is completed to the correct deadline
- Computer knowledge – this role requires using different types of computer software, reading technical drawings, and making modifications, so engineering consultants need an aptitude for using computers
- Writing skills – engineering consultants conduct research to obtain project data and to detail the specifications for a project that is written into a concise report. For this aspect of the role, applicants need strong technical writing abilities
- Time management – engineering consultants not only manage their own time effectively, but they must also monitor others’ time to keep projects on schedule
Compensation Target: Based upon experience
Additional Benefits: Medical (dental, vision, healthcare) with HSA Option, 401k match, company mobile phone and other tools as needed, New class A office environment
Why Join Magaldi?
- An environment that supports your professional growth and recognizes your achievements.
- Small, quickly-growing close knit team with the backing of a large privately owned 3rd generation Italian parent company.
- Numerous projects in many different industries – no time for boredom
- Progressive mentality of constantly improving.