Magaldi Technologies LLC is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Metals Industry Sales Manager, focusing on metal industries including foundries, steel mills, die casting, and primary metal suppliers, to join our dynamic team.
We are a leading company with a strong commitment to excellence and innovation. If you are passionate about this, have a proven track record of success, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
In this role, the individual's focus will be to provide application support and technical solutions on material and metal handling challenges for current customer relationships and to provide new customers with engineering advice and technical solutions on sand system design, handling materials, metal handling, stamping, machinery, installation, etc. To be successful, candidates should have a good understanding of all areas of engineering, especially material handling, in order to analyze the current customer situation and work with the engineering Magaldi team.
This role suits people who enjoy problem-solving, and consultative selling, are organized, and enjoy finding and meeting new customers.
Location: Preferred Alpharetta, Georgia (Office environment) and customers are throughout North America. Potential opportunity to work from home office depending upon location and experience.
Travel: Approximately 60% -70%
Target compensation: Based upon experience
Additional Benefits: Medical (dental, vision, healthcare) with HSA Option, 401k match, company mobile phone and other tools as needed, New class A office environment
- New Customer Development – Prospect new customers and introduce them to the company and its products.
- Project Review and Concept - work with new and potential customers to help develop and assess their needs equipment, or new system
- Build Relationships with new and existing Clients - attend meetings with customers and support firms to create a good rapport with them to fully understand their requirements and provide accurate solutions, as well as to provide them with progress updates. Prepare Documentation
- Prepare Documentation – On Engineering consulting projects, we are responsible for creating documents and reports that detail their assessments, any fact-finding survey data they’ve acquired, the project’s inception, and concept planning along the way.
- Pipeline Management – Fill and manage projects through the opportunity pipeline in order to make and exceed established budgets.
- Budgeting – Responsible for helping develop sales targets and provide regular forecasts.
- Industry Representation – Represent the company and industry meetings, trade shows, and other functions, committees, etc. as needed.
- Marketing – Help develop content, support marketing team requests, identify new product needs and help develop regular competitive analysis within the market
- Project Management – Help with local project management and engineering order execution responsibilities as needed in order to support the global project management and engineering team in Italy
Degree: Mechanical Engineering or similar required
Experience: 15+ years engineering/manufacturing + relevant sales experience in the metals markets + experience in capital equipment and engineering
Language: English. Spanish and/or Italian is considered a plus
CAD Capabilities: Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD drawing programs (Autocad & Inventor specifically), skills in sizing calculation and FEM analysis are a plus
- Communication skills – engineering consultants work with various people within projects, which includes attending meetings to discuss progress, provide ideas, and identify processes that need to be improved. Strong communication skills are a must to fulfill these duties
- Organization skills – engineering consultants work to strict deadlines and often on several projects at a time. Incredible organization ensures that every task is completed by the correct deadline
- Computer knowledge – this role requires using different types of computer software, reading technical drawings, and making modifications, so engineering consultants need an aptitude for using computers.
- Writing skills – engineering consultants conduct research to obtain project data and to detail the specifications for a project that is written into a concise report. For this aspect of the role, applicants need strong technical writing abilities.
- Time management – engineering consultants not only manage their own time effectively, but they must also monitor others’ time to keep projects on schedule
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
- An environment that supports your professional growth and recognizes your achievements.
- A small, quickly growing close-knit team with the backing of a large privately owned 3rd generation Italian parent company.
- Numerous projects in many different industries – no time for boredom.
- A progressive mentality of constantly improving.
Magaldi is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.